There was a time when most of the online data usage was from laptops/desktops. Apart from these devices, smartphones and tablets have also become a popular option for online data usage and are now gaining more users.
People are now increasingly relying on smaller handheld devices for their daily needs. With smaller devices like smartphones slowly dominating the market, major companies like Google have also started adapting to it.
For instance, the search engine tends to put mobile-friendly sites on top of a search page because they tend to provide better browsing experience. With smartphones now being used increasingly for data usage, marketing campaigns specifically for mobiles have also started coming up.
Marketing campaigns in the form of mobile ads reach their target audience through these apps. Keeping in mind the latest trend, there are different types of mobile advertising that exist currently.
- Banner ads. Banner ads are the most popular form of mobile advertising. They are the ones that contain simple text and pictures and are placed on the bottom or side of the screen. These ads are about brand recognition and only get clicks if the ad is a very well-known company. The reason why it is the best option because they are the cheapest, which also get a lot of views.
- Native Ads. Native ads usually show up on apps. They are generally seen as part of an app and are integrated within it. This allows for an optimal user experience. A cleverly placed native and can deliver better results.
- Videos. Video ads are video commercials that usually play in an app. They are difficult to execute and require a large marketing budget. Despite this, they are considered quite engaging to the user. However, there can be issues related to attention span since teenagers these days do not have a much longer attention span as compared to those who were born in the 80’s.
- Interstitials. Interstitials are full-screen ads that appear while a game is being loaded. Since they are considered very compelling, out of all the ads they are considered to be the ones that guarantee the highest return on investment.
- Rich Media. Rich media is the newest form of mobile advertising. This type of advertising includes advanced features like video, audio and other elements that encourage viewers to interact and engage with the content.
With smartphones taking over the way people consume online data, every company/businesses are being recommended to have a mobile-friendly website so that they can reach audiences who prefer handheld devices.
Targeting mobile audiences have also become important and using the above-mentioned types of mobile advertising, one can reach out to their desired target audiences.